Chef de Partie - Spikes Bar
- Hours: Rolling shift pattern
- Salary: Competive rate & Excellent Benefits
Just half an hour from Glasgow, Loch Lomond Golf Club is often described as one of the most beautiful places on earth, and its Members can enjoy golf, luxury accommodation, country pursuits and a Spa. As part of our team, you will look after a discerning Membership spanning over 30 countries world-wide and provide the finest of hospitality. Excellent staff benefits and training provided.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and hard-working Chef to join our Food & Beverage Team. The position available is for a Chef de Partie and candidates should display the necessary skills to enable them to work a busy gastro pub operation. Candidates should display a high level of skill and knowledge and it is imperative they are flexible and able to work a variety of shifts to suit our business demands. You will be asked to work as part of a team as well as being able to take your own initiative and work individually. This is a very demanding role and we are looking for someone who has a great eye for detail and who takes pride in their work.
Loch Lomond provides a wide variety of services within its Food and Beverage Department and your role will require you to fulfil duties dependent on the position, business levels, shift patterns and an individuals' experience.
Basic Job Function: - To take full responsibility for the running of a particular section in the kitchen
- To ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- To ensure all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- To ensure all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- To ensure all dishes reach the hot plate or passe correctly garnished, with the correct portion and size presented on the prescribed serving dish in the prescribed manner.
- To ensure your section is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure junior cooks and trainees receive the right training and optimum guidance.
- To ensure any anticipated shortages are communicated promptly to the Sous or Head Chef.
- To ensure all staff under your control are treated fairly and with courtesy.
- To deputise in the absence of the Sous Chef and take charge of the kitchen when directed to do so.
- To attend training courses and seminars as and when required.
- To strive to study management subjects in preparation for future advancement.
- You must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience at Chef de Partie level in a 2 AA Rosette restaurant or similar.
- You must be able to work unsupervised and work calmly under pressure.
- A classic repertoire of dishes is advantageous.
- You will hold a basic, or preferably intermediate food hygiene certificate
- You must have the means of getting to and from Loch Lomond Golf Club without using public transport due to our rural location
- You must be able to cover a variety of early and late shifts during the whole of that time including Hogmanay and 1st January. This is an essential requirement of the job.
- You will demonstrate a willingness to train junior members of staff whilst continue to learn yourself
- You must provide evidence that you are confident and competent in all sections of a professional kitchen
Staff enjoy a package including; uniform, gratuities, meals, golf, spa and social clubs.